Monday, November 30, 2009

Surrounded


At class last week as I brought out the singing bowl I was surrounded by sweet souls - beginning their journey through life. I looked around and saw the expectant glow around the kids waiting to ring the bowl, waiting to have a chance at doing something fun...at being successful. All in a flash of seconds this ran through my head and I considered the idea that they are living
ONG NAMO GURU DEV NAMO.....

At the beginning of class we chant Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo. The kids are hanging out - sitting in Mom's lap...doing whatever. So they hear and see us do this - week after week. One little girl (who came to class last week in full ballerina garb) told a relative "I say Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo when I don't feel good - and then I feel better". She is three years old. In class I let them know when we say those special words it is a way to feel better if we are sad or scared or frustrated. Ong Namo....is magic! Seriously!!

It is the key to the naad. (http://www.devsuroop.com/naad.html)

Kids are innately in tune with the Divine. Somewhere along the line it is us who lose our key and have to re-find it. Kids are right there. Once again - I am teaching the class but I am the student learning to live in the naad from my teachers - the little ones surrounding me waiting their turn to ring the bowl and say Ommmmmm.