Saturday, August 29, 2009


Many years ago I used to be into things to 'change the world'. There has always been some part of me determined to make things better. A few years ago I attended the Aquarian Kundalini Teacher Training Program at Yoga Yoga in Austin. I graduated from Level 1 and am enrolled in the third module (of five)for Level 2 Teacher Training this fall. One idea Yogi Bhajan focuses these teachings on is the coming of the Aquarian Age. We are currently moving from the Piscean Age into the Aquarian Age.
This change will be big for humanity - we maintain a sort of status quo with manifested reality. It takes A LOT to affect change - and this is the role of Kundalini (and all - really) teachers - to usher in the new age. To uplift, to raise awareness/vibrations so we can all move toward the transmutation of selfish desire into group love. That is really making a sweet and simple statement about this huge energetic shift humanity is going through - but you get the jist.
My point being - a large part of my contribution toward this energetic shift comes through teaching kids yoga. Offering them self awareness and love as we do yoga (and have lots of fun!)
Instead of protesting and putting energy toward the things that need to change ....I create a space for little souls to open up to their own inner beauty and connection to the sacred essence of life. Heart to heart - this is what creates change.

I walked into class the other day at The Olive Tree Learning Center (http://olivetlc.com/) and immediately one of the little boys stopped, looked at me, and toddled toward me until he could reach his arms around my legs. He gave me a big hug. Then when we set up our circle with the little carpet 'dots' he got his carpet dot and sat right in front of me instead of next to me. His eyes turned upward as he looked at me - and I recognized the Guru sitting before me. Allowing for the truth that I was there to learn as much as teach I proceeded through the class with an open heart.