Sunday, August 23, 2009

Radiance


In class last Friday the sweetest little girl came with her momma. She loves to get her groove on when I put on the song Happy Jio (from Shakta Kaur Khalsa). Adorable! After the kids portion of our class all the mommas go back to their mats and we do a meditation. As I started the meditation, the kids start to settle down as our breathing slows and lengthens. I begin the meditation inhaling, exhaling, closing my eyes, focusing at the brow point. After 45 seconds or so I open my eyes to check in and see how everyone is doing...and there is that little groovin cutie pie RIGHT up in my face - like 2 inches away watching me meditate!
I think the kids are drawn to the radiance as we practice Kundalini yoga. It isn't the first time I have opened my eyes and there is a kiddo right there face to face with me. Once I open my eyes they slowly move away...finding something else more interesting.
Each class I find a sweet opening of the heart center with the grace and authenticity of the kids surrounding me. Mommas bringing their little ones the joy and beauty of yoga....well all I have to say is Sat Mom!

photo by Clarissa Peereboom